Dabel Brothers Productions ("DB Pro") has grown from a small company founded by four creative brothers into a well-known comic book studio that has brought some of the most popular fantasy novels into the visual medium through well-produced comic books and graphic novels.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Les Dabel

Ok, I spent all day today thinking about posting on the Blog can I say addiction??? I woke up at 5:am this morning but didn’t have a chance at all until now. I accomplished a lot today. I did about 3 contracts one of them for an other well known female New York Times Best Selling author. I can’t say who she is yet but she will turn some heads.

I got copies of Marshal and Magician number 1 today in the mail. I read them and loved them both. I recommend anyone who loves a good read to check them out. I am currently listening to Gorillaz, Feel Good Inc. for anyone who is curious. I am about to grab a bite to eat catch ya’ll later.


Les D

4 Comments:

Blogger Ysondra said...

Hi there,

Love your work!

I'm so happy to know you get some other new contracts, for that assure us to be delighted with your pencils.

I really enjoy your books addaptations to the seventh art.

I knew from you with the Hedge Knight's comic, and i can't just wait to see if you're working on the next short George RR Martin's short story about A Song of Fire and Ice.

Now I'm looking for your work Wyrms.

Best luck and wishes from Barcelona,

Ysi,
ysondra@gmail.com

7:29 AM  
Blogger ldabel said...

Hi Ysi how are you doing? Thank you for the kind words. We're working hard to bring you guys some great stuff. By the way we will be starting on the next George R.R. Martin project very soon :)

Take care and have a great week.

Les D

6:10 AM  
Blogger Ysondra said...

Yay!

Soooooooo glad to hear you saying that ^^ =)_

I will wait impatiently for that. I truly think you're doing so a nice job =)

Someway I envy you.

There's some kind of magic in making words came someway "true". It's just a nice way how you all take that images from your mind and give expression to them by pencil them on a simple sheet of paper.

So long ago, while I started reading comics, book adaptation was not much common.

I can remember Dune (but well, it was more like the film adaptation though... Movie adaptation was much used indeed). And also the comic was considered as kind of lower art expression.

I think they're wrong.

6:45 AM  
Blogger ldabel said...

Hi Ysondra. We do try and we will continue trying. Take care and thanks for posting.

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home